Our Foundations Program is mandatory for all new members who have not participated in CrossFit training before! You will learn all the safe practices of each CrossFit movement from our knowledgeable and professional coaching staff. There will be 5-10 Sessions of
1 on 1 coaching to gain the technique for each movement standard in a
comfortable, personable and encouraging atmosphere!
if not done properly which is why you need those foundation classes to
make sure those movements are done perfectly.
What is functional fitness…
weight in an idealized posture created by a gym machine.
Besides making you more well-rounded as a person, functional fitness has a number of benefits. These include benefits for your health, everyday life, and athletic performance.
Let’s take a look at five of the major benefits of functional fitness:
- Improves everyday life: By improving the overall function of your body, boosting strength and endurance, and developing muscle and body stability, everyday activities can be completed with ease. Compared to conventional training, the benefits of functional fitness tend to out-weigh everything else because it’s actually targeting the movements we are doing every day. In addition, functional fitness improves overall quality of life due to the stress relief factor. This type of training is usually more fun than others since you are essentially training for your everyday life.
- Greater muscle memory: By performing regular functional fitness exercises you are not just building muscle and core strength, but actually exercising the brain too!! Boosting your memory!! Brain Power!!
- Increased mobility: Functional fitness helps to improve balance, coordination, flexibility, muscle strength, and agility. All of these components will leave you more mobile, which in turn helps with your day-to-day life.
- Improves balance and posture: Since functional fitness is all about training the body to make the muscles work together instead of targeted training, overall strength and balance will improve. Training the muscles to manage weight properly will also reduce stress on the body. In turn, posture will be improved.
- Reduced risk of injury: By mimicking the movements done in everyday life, the body is more likely to be able to withstand stressors. Functional fitness training encourages muscle and ligament strength, which are the areas that are
highly susceptible to injury.
get you used to the same intensity as what we can achieve classes!
and end with a short, sweaty fun workout !
Simply email us your availability and we will work
together with you to coordinate when works best for your schedule!
Open 7 days a week.
Coach Gui – Owner & Head Coach, BA Kin, BA Bsn 778-363-6619
Coach Troy – Personal Trainer & Coach 250-859-1313
Coach Jessie – Personal Trainer & Coach, BA Kin 250-826-1186